Summer has finally arrived. Hooray! The days are warmer and I don’t know about you, but we’re finding ourselves playing outside a lot more. If you’re looking for some great activities to do at home on a lovely summers day (or inside if it’s raining), then look no further. These activities are perfect for both toddlers and bigger kids. What’s even better is that they’re all budget friendly and easy to do! Here are 5 summer sensory activities:
1. Learning lollipops – These felt lollipops aren’t only pretty, but there are so many things you can do with them, as well as teaching colours! Click to find out how creative you can be.
2. Beach in a box with homemade sand – Made with two ingredients that you already have at home in your cupboards, this quick-to-make homemade sand is the perfect way to get the beach at home, rain or shine!
3. Rainbow ice water play – Two simple ingredients can bring your paddling pool or bath to life. The perfect sensory activity for cooling down this summer.
4. Gardening – An inexpensive activity that you can do so much with! From planting flowers, to teaching where food comes from. Gardening doesn’t just have to be for outdoors!
5. Paint lollipops – These easy-to-make ice paint lollipops are a great cooling summer sensory activity. A creative messy play idea that’s perfect for a hot day in the garden or a rainy day inside.