Some of you may have noticed some changes happening on Life Unexpected lately.
Our blog has had a bit of a makeover, we have new logos, a new theme and hopefully soon we will have some new headshots too.
But it’s not just the aesthetics that are changing.
Since my separation from Evie’s dad earlier this year, I’ve been through a lot of changes both personally and professionally.
I’ve felt for a while now that my posts aren’t being true to our family life and to my new direction, and I don’t like that.
Behind the scenes I’ve started out as a freelance writer and social media manager, I have started saving for our travel adventures that are planned for the end of this year, have been working out what it’s like to co-parent and run a business, as well as spending time building on my old friendships and new relationships.
So, do you want to find out what’s happening with Life Unexpected, what we’re saying goodbye to and what you can expect to find on the blog in the future?
We’ll kick this post of with a bit of sad news, before the happy.
I’m so gutted to say that I will be stepping away from running Whatever The Weather. This linky has been such a huge part of my life for the past year and Jenny and I have built such an incredible little community.
I’ll really miss reading all of your outdoor family adventures more than you can know, and want to thank all of you lovely linkers for the hours of entertainment you’ve given me, and for helping to create such an amazing linky.
The linky will be continuing with Jenny, so please continue to support her and this lovely outdoors community.
We are so thrilled to announce that we are Huggies Pull Ups Ambassadors and over the next year you will be able to follow our Potty training adventure, as we go from nappies, to big girl pants, with all the poops on the floor in between.
In other news, our Instagram community ‘Curious Little Explorers’ has really taken off, with over 6000 images attached to our outdoor family hashtag! We’re teaming up with an exciting brand soon and running a giveaway, so keep your eyes peeled for this. We’d love you to join in with this community if you haven’t already.
SCARY EXCITING NEWS
We are starting a vlog…
I am so beyond terrified at the same time as being a little excited about this new venture. I am not one for being in front of the camera, but I agreed to do it (ever one to fall into this trap) and our shiny new channel will be going live in the next couple of weeks.
If you want to see my scared little face, I’d love you to subscribe.
I may have to have a bottle of Prosecco before I start, so you might even get a bit of a giggle!
NEW DIRECTION FOR LIFE UNEXPECTED
Over the next few weeks you’ll start to notice the new direction of Life Unexpected. It’s going to be a place where we’re balancing blogging, business and babies, all from our little spot on the sand in Cornwall!
You’ll find posts on:
- MUM LIFE – Potty training fun, general motherhood posts including a few new posts about parenting after separation.
- CORNISH LIFE – It wouldn’t be Life Unexpected without little bits of our Cornish life and adventures.
- BLOG LIFE – Including a whole range of blog tips and tricks! Keep your eyes peeled for our up and coming e-book full of exciting printables that’ll help you to organise your blogging.
- BUSINESS LIFE – Have you ever wanted to start your own business from home? We have just launched an exciting new series where we’re interviewing Mumpreneurs. Find out how they created their business and raise there families here! Keep your eyes peeled for tips on how to balance being a mum and run a business, posts about our own freelance journey and inspiring posts to help grow your confidence and launch your own business too.
- TRAVEL LIFE – We are going travelling, upping sticks in true Life Unexpected form, and hopping on a plane around the world. Unfortunately this isn’t happening till the end of the year but we’ll keep you updated on when we’ll be starting this journey.
So welcome to the new Life Unexpected,
I’m so beyond excited to share this new part of our journey with you and hope that Life Unexpected becomes a blog that inspires you as much as it does me.
What do you think of Life Unexpected’s new blogging direction? Is there anything particular you’re excited about reading? Let us know in the comments below!