I LOVE A BARGAIN! Babies aren’t cheap & I try so hard to be frugal, so it was easy to fall in love with this IKEA ANTILOP high chair. Not only is it the best cheap highchair, but it’s less than £15! To all bargain hunters – go & get your tissues to mop up your tears of complete joy & read on!
We first used one in a restaurant & I couldn’t believe how great it was! Evie was 5 months old & she fit in it! If you have a baby whose just started weaning, you’ll know how hard it is to find a good fitting high chair. Normally the holes in the leg part are much bigger than your small precious bundle.
We found with so many high chairs that even with the safety straps done up tight & a zillion cushions, she never fit! I was shocked when they said it was from IKEA. I can honestly barely find anything negative to say about it.
- It’s so easy to put together (no tools, no screws).
- It’s really easy to take a part which means you can easily tidy it away & take it with you if you’re going to visit family or you’re going away.
- It’s EXTREMELY easy to clean. There are no nooks that food can get trapped in.
- It’s lightweight.
- It is safe & durable.
- It has a big tray with little sides so it’s a bit more difficult for your baby to push its plate/bowl over the edge.
- IT IS SO CHEAP!
- It isn’t bulky.
- It is the perfect height to pull up to the table.
- It has a safety belt.
- It’s made from material that’s all recyclable!
The main negatives that other people may find is that it is only one colour & has only one sitting position. However, there is also an option to get a supporting cushion called PYTTIG, also from IKEA, which means that small babies can fit snuggly & securely & older babies have a bit more comfort.
My family also loved the price so much that both sets of grandparents have also bought them. Even a few of my friends have ended up getting them for their children! They’re also great for messy play as it’s so easy to clean paint & other gloop off. Find the highchair & cushion at IKEA by following the links below:
PYTTIG CUSHION £6
I think all mums & dads that LOVE to live on a budget like us will be really glad that this highchair exists!
What do you think of this highchair? Which highchair do you have?
*This post ISN’T sponsored. I simply LOVE this highchair.