Before I had Evie, I was one of those parents-to-be who planned to record every single new thing my baby did. I was going to be there with the camera at every milestone, I’d print pictures off daily & I’d stick them into a beautiful scrap book with a funny caption. In reality, I didn’t even manage to get a picture of me in hospital with my newborn baby.
Lately I keep finding myself saying to my other half, ‘Oh did you not know she does that? She’s been doing that for weeks?’ He’s not around much because of work & this makes me feel so guilty that I’ve forgotten to tell him. For me she does something new everyday & new things get old so fast. Welcome to ‘The Things I’ve Learnt’. This will be a weekly post rounding up all of the new things Evie’s doing this week. Feel free to join in & post your own.
- I’ve learnt how to pretend cry. It’s really overdramatic & obviously pretend. My mummy & daddy are scared that I’m already toying with emotions.
- I’ve been toying with hello & goodbye.I leave the room waving & saying ‘eye’ (which is my bye) & blowing kisses. Then moments later I come rushing back in frantically waving saying ‘hiya’.
- I’ve learnt to say ‘Ta’. Usually when I’m handed my cup of water & occasionally when I’m given other foods & toys. But never for my milk. I’m too desperate to drink it.
- I’ve learnt two new words & can now say egg & dig. I copied my mummy when she wasn’t even teaching me. She’s now got to be careful what she says in front of me because I’m always listening.
- I’ve learnt to feed myself. I can already hold a spoon but this week I’ve learnt how to dip it in the bowl & then put it in my mouth. The food isn’t always still on there but I don’t seem to notice.
- I’ve learnt that when I read my ‘Is This My Nose?’ book I’m supposed to point to a part on my face on every page. I can point to each part, but not in the right order yet.
- I try & find my reflection if a hat or toy is put on my head. My mummy put some bunny ears on my head this week & I tried to climb up to look in the mirror but found the turned off TV instead. My mummy was amazed by this.
- I keep trying to put my socks on myself. But all I do is rest them on my foot & get confused when they fall off.
What has your little one learnt this week? I’m tempted to turn this into a LINKY. I’d love some feedback on this.