I have officially caught the travelling bug.
Every since I was a little girl I have dreamt of going travelling and seeing as much of the world as I could. But, as soon as my unexpected, beautiful little life came along, I thought that all my grand travel plans would have to take a back seat for a long time. How wrong I was!
After reading countless travel blogs and realising that even with a little one and a small budget, we could still travel, I started to save up so that I could make 2016 the year of travel.
My dreams came true and last year I was so lucky to get to experience such a variety of cultures and visit so many different places.
We visited London twice, had a quiet couples retreat to Boscastle in Cornwall, a family staycation to Bluestone in Wales, a weekend away in Bath and a few days in Sicily. Not forgetting a whole month travelling around Europe, where we visited Venice, Florence, Rome, Nice, Antibes, Cannes, Barcelona and Palma, all in one hit.
2016 has completely fuelled my love for travel even more. I can’t begin to tell you how much I loved exploring new cities and beachside towns. Even more I loved watching my daughter experience it all too. Travelling taught her so much. I was so impressed at how well she adapted to each culture. She loved trying the foods and really immersed herself in the languages.
Although I’m not planning on doing a month long holiday again anytime soon, this year we do plan on travelling both even further and also visiting somewhere very close to home.
Here are the top 5 on my travel bucket list for 2017:
1. Cape Town – Of all the places on my bucket list, this is the one that excitingly, we’re 100% going to early this year. Beaches, mountains, vineyards…there are many reasons this is on the top of my list for 2017. As my boyfriend is from there, it’s a great excuse to visit. I’m can’t wait to experience such a different culture to Europe and to meet his family and friends.
2. Venice – Even though we did go to Venice in 2016, it was only for 24 hours. I fell so deeply in love with it and a day really wasn’t enough time to explore and try out everything I wanted to. I would especially love to go on a Gondola and hope to return around Easter time.
3. Isles of Scilly – The Isles of Scilly is so close to my house, yet I’ve never been. Only a short boat ride away from Penzance in Cornwall and with landscapes that would be mistaken for the Caribbean, it’s one I’ll definitely be visiting when the weather gets a little warmer.
4. Greece – I would love to go to anywhere in Greece, but Santorini is at the top of my list. Although I have a feeling we won’t be able to afford Greece this year, a girl can dream.
5. Croatia – We were supposed to go to Croatia when we went travelling this year, but last minute changed our holiday to start in Italy instead. I would love to take a big group of my family and spend a week exploring different parts of Croatia. Especially the National Parks and cities like Dubrovnik and Split.
What places are on the top of your travel bucket list? Have you got any holidays planned for 2017? Let us know in the comments below!